The list of new superhero movies on the way seems to always be growing. With the MCU unveiling plans for both Marvel Phase 5 and Marvel Phase 6, as well as James Gunn's DCU Chapter One: Gods and Monsters plan also underway, it's fair to say there's a lot. Now Guardians of the Galaxy 3 has hit theaters, though, we'll largely be turning our attention to DC for a while with The Flash and Blue Beetle next up.
Speaking of DC, there's also The Batman 2 on the way as well – a sequel to the Matt Reeves-directed film that will continue to exist as part of DC (albeit in its own separate universe), among much more. And if that's not enough, we've seen some very exciting Joker 2 pictures as well, including a snap of Lady Gaga as Harley Quinn.
So… there’s a lot to catch up on. In our guide to new superhero movies, we aim to take you through the next few years of DC and Marvel roadmaps. But, fair warning: some may still be canceled or will move, so watch this space. If you just want a movie marathon, though, check out our guides to watching Marvel movies in order and DC movies in order.
New superhero movies (2023)
- Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse – June 2, 2023
- The Flash – June 23, 2023
- Blue Beetle – August 18, 2023
- Kraven the Hunter – October 6, 2023
- The Marvels – November 10, 2023
- Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom – December 25, 2023
New superhero movies (2024)
- Madame Web – February 16, 2024
- Spider-Man: Beyond the Spider-Verse – March 29, 2024
- Captain America: New World Order – May 3, 2024
- Blade – September 6, 2024
- Deadpool 3 – November 8, 2024
New superhero movies (2025)
- Fantastic Four – February 14, 2025
- Avengers: The Kang Dynasty – May 2, 2025
- Superman: Legacy – July 11, 2025
- Untitled Marvel Movie – July 25, 2025
- The Batman 2 – October 3, 2025
- Untitled Marvel Movie – November 7, 2025
New superhero movies (2026)
- Untitled Marvel Movie – February 13, 2026
- Secret Wars – May 1, 2026
- Untitled Marvel Movie – July 24, 2026
- Untitled Marvel Movie – November 6, 2026
New superhero movies (TBA)
Various new superhero movies have been announced and are in various stages of pre-development. It's no guarantee that any of these, bar a few MCU offerings, make it to the big screen, but they're worth keeping an eye on all the same. Any previous DC project, such as Gotham City Sirens and Green Lantern Corps, are now dead under the new DC Studios regime. Co-CEO James Gunn announced the slate for DCU's Chapter One: Gods and Monsters in January 2023.
- Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow
- Swamp Thing
- The Authority
- The Brave and the Bold
- The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
- Untitled Ta-Nehisi Coates Superman movie
- Untitled Sony/Marvel movie
- Untitled Mutants movie
For more on new films coming soon, see our guide to all of 2023's major movie release dates.